chaplin

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Don't fight the feelin'


I don't hold with all that "you heard it here first" racing to get to the new talent but I think I may be slightly ahead of the curve with Eilen (rhymes with "feelin') Jewell. I suppose she plays in the country idiom but I wouldn't mind betting it's the kind of country that goes down best in New York and Boston. And I think a lot of people would like her over here too. Her new record is called "Letters from Sinners and Strangers". I'm chasing a track for the October "Now Hear This" CD. This song is off her previous one "Boundary County".

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:22 am

    Oooh, now that is terrific! Good find, David. Off to the States this w/e so will definitely look that out during the usual CD splurge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really great. Listened to more of her stuff on the website and I'm liking it so far.

    Bloody hell, David - are you doing the October cd already? How much jumping through hoops does it take to get one done?

    ReplyDelete
  3. October one comes out in September and so has to be wrapped up by the end of July. Not a lot of jumping through hoops. I just ask for lots and see what we end up getting.

    ReplyDelete